Tuesday 2 September 2008

Bureaucracy....

This is a hoop
This is a fence


This is a gorge with prickly things either side and a very nasty prickly thing at the bottom.


Imagine trying to jump through the hoop, over the fence and then making a death defying leap across the gorge. Now, add to the equation a wild and ravenous leopard behind you trying to feed his desire. Finally, for each obstacle there is only one way of going through it, but you only find this out when you reach the obstacle. If you don't pass through it correctly you are vaporised and have to start again from the beginning, and the Leopard takes a bite out of you just for good measure. This is how I have felt over the last few days, trying to get my visa sorted.

Even now after 3 days of running around, jumping through hoops and making death defying leaps, it still isn't done. I have made my contingency of escaping to India for 2 weeks, or somewhere else if after 2 weeks I still can't get the visa. But I don't want to. And I definitely don't want to go back to the UK. That would just be giving up.

Let's hope tomorrow goes well...

No comments: