Tuesday 18 September 2012

Nepal Again!


I'm writing this from the airport in Qatar - by the way which has the most uncomfortable seats to sleep in - in transit to Nepal. The last couple of weeks I've been preparing for this trip, with a lot of help from Biraj at PEEDA

The view from the transfer lounge at Doha International Airport

I have 3 tasks for the trip. Firstly there's the ICSET conference, where I'm presenting two papers. I had a test run through of one of the presentations to members of the research group - the more electrical based one - and got some really useful feedback from the group members. The second and third jobs are to do some data gathering to help with my simulations. I'm going to go to Bhanbhane and measure the power consumption from houses and also measure flow and head data from different potential pico sites.

It's going to be a busy month away, I've got to go to Bhanbhane first thing Wednesday (tomorrow) morning, returning on Sunday in time for the conference. Then I'll return to Bhanbhane to move the equipment between houses before going to support PEEDA with their research into the low head propeller turbine, and then returning to Bhanbhane to finally pick up the equipment and return to Kathmandu.

Before I'll leave, I'll manage to celebrate the first few days of the Dasain festival, the biggest festival of Nepal.

It's going to be busy, but fun!

SAM

1 comment:

sam riche said...

nice post good info