Wednesday 4 May 2011

Living Below the Line - Day 3

Halfway through the week today. It's not been as hard as yesterday was, I haven't had to battle as much with temptation until after lunch when there were a load of trays of free food from a meeting. That was a bit tough.

Breakfast was porridge again, and once again it tried to empty itself all over the microwave, but I just about managed to save it, and scraped it all back into the bowl.


Breakfast - Porridge

I spent most of the morning working on my turbine rig in uni (see here) adding a few extra functionalities to it, to allow it to more completely cover the speed range I'm interested in. This meant wiring up a switch to allow it to short circuit the generator and open circuit the generator. This allowed me to distract myself from the thought of food until lunchtime. Lunch, again, was chickpea and cauliflower, with chapattis (I forgot to take a photo, so here's the one from Monday).


Lunch - Chickpea, cauliflower and chapatti

The afternoon did drag a bit more. I was writing notes to accompany my presentation for the World Renewable Energy Congress Conference next week. Then, later on in the afternoon I attended some undergraduate presentations on low carbon technologies. Some were good, some were not so, but all gave something to think about. Tea was jacket potato and vegetables in tomato sauce, which had a strange after-taste to it, but not in a completely bad way.


Tea - Jacket potato with vegetables in tomato sauce

After tea, I cooked some chapatti with Hannah for tomorrow's lunch. We're just over half way through now and I'm getting in to it a bit more. I am hungry, and struggling a little with temptation - a piece of cake would be great now - but overall it's going OK. Tomorrow is another day though!

SAM

No comments: